No. 9 Syracuse vs. No. 16 Seton Hall
Game 2 – First Round, March 4, 2011
XL Center – Hartford, Conn.
- Today marked the second straight season that Syracuse and Seton Hall matched up as the No. 9 and No. 16 seeds in the BIG EAST Championship. The Orange have one both postseason contests.
- Erica Morrow improved her ranking in three Syracuse career categories as she now ranks second in points (1,613), tied for fifth in field goals made (525) and second in free throws made (350).
- Seton Hall went up 4-0 in the opening two minutes of today’s contest before Syracuse went on a 9-2 run to take a 9-6 lead at the 14:06 mark of the first half.
- Iasia Hemingway scored 12 of Syracuse’s first 28 points as she finished the game with 17, including a her 12-point first-half clip.
- After taking its third lead of the game, Syracuse finished the half with a 15-7 run in the final 10:49 to head into the locker room with a 33-24 lead at the break.
- Syracuse opened the second half with a 9-1 run in the first 4:10 of the frame.
- Syracuse out-rebounded Seton Hall 39-25 on the afternoon.
- Syracuse’s Iasia Hemingway recorded a career-high five assists on the afternoon.
- There were five lead changes and two ties in the contest.
- Syracuse’s largest lead of the day came with 4:56 left in the contest as Carmen Tyson-Thomas put the Orange ahead by 33 at 71-38.
- The Orange have won games in back-to-back years of the BIG EAST Championship for the first time since 1985-86.
- Seton Hall leads the all-time series with Syracuse 28-23 after today’s match-up. The Orange are 7-2 against the Pirates in their last nine meetings.
- Seton Hall is now 16-27 all-time in BIG EAST Championship play.
- Syracuse improves to 14-25 all-time in BIG EAST Championship action, while the Orange are making their 27th tournament appearance.
- Syracuse shot 22-of-29 from the charity stripe, while Seton Hall hit 10-of-18.