No. 7 St. John’s vs. No. 10 West Virginia
Game 7 – Second Round, March 5, 2011
XL Center – Hartford, Conn.
- St. John’s trailed 14-13 early in the first half, before using an 8-0 run to open a 21-14 advantage with 8:12 left in the first half.
- The Red Storm led 34-29 at halftime.
- The game was a rematch of the regular-season finale on Monday, Feb. 28; WVU won that meeting 69-49.
- With the win, St. John’s advanced to the quarterfinals of the BIG EAST Championship for the 19th time.
- The Red Storm have won seven of their last 10 games.
- WVU senior Liz Repella recorded a double-double of 10 points and 11 rebounds, her second of the season.
- WVU senior Sarah Miles led all players with 15 points and four assists, while sophomore Asya Bussie chipped in 12 points and had the second-most rebounds for WVU with seven.
- Five of the first seven games of the tournament have been decided by five points or less
- FANTASTIC FINISHES – With one minute left in regulation…
USF-Pitt Pitt led 59-58
Villanova-Providence tied 46-46
Syracuse-Georgetown GU led 57-56
Marquette-Pittsburgh MU led 63-61
WVU-St. John’s STJ led 55-51
- The Friday overtime game between PC-Villanova was the 18th in tournament history.
- Georgetown beat Syracuse 61-60 on Saturday. It was the team’s first win in tournament play since 2001.