No. 2 seed DePaul vs. No. 3 seed Notre Dame
Game 14 – Semifinals, March 7, 2011
XL Center – Hartford, Conn.
- DePaul junior Keisha Hampton scored a career-high 31 points; it was the highest point total by a player in the tournament this year.
- DePaul senior Felicia Chester matched a career-high with 11 rebounds.
- There were three ties and 12 lead changes.
- Notre Dame got a team-high 19 points from sophomore Skylar Diggins.
- UConn leads the all-time series against Notre Dame 27-4.
- In BIG EAST Championship play, UConn is 8-0 against the Irish.
- UConn is 4-0 against ND in title games:
- 2001 title game, UConn won 78-76
- 1999 title game, UConn won 96-75
- 1997 title game, UConn won 86-77
- 1996 title game, UConn won 71-54
- Every time the Irish have advanced to the title game, they have faced UConn.
- The teams played twice this season:
- Jan. 16, 2011 in South Bend, Ind. (UConn won 79-76)
- Feb. 19, 2011 in Storrs, Conn. (UConn won 78-57)
- This will be the sixth matchup between the teams in the last 14 months (since Jan. 16, 2010).
- It is the ninth time in tournament history that the top four seeds have advanced to the semifinals; the last time was 2009.
- Seven of the first 14 games of the tournament have been decided by six points or less.
- FANTASTIC FINISHES - With 1:00 left in regulation…
USF-Pitt Pitt led 59-58
Villanova-Providence tied 46-46
Syracuse-Georgetown GU led 57-56
Marquette-Pittsburgh MU led 63-61
WVU-St. John’s STJ led 55-51
ND-DePaul ND led 66-65
- The only upset seed-wise was #14 Villanova’s win over #11 Providence 52-50 in overtime.
- The Friday overtime game between PC-Villanova was the 18th in tournament history.
- Georgetown beat Syracuse 61-60 on Saturday. It was the team’s first win in tournament play since 2001.
- There have been two upsets seed-wise:
- #14 Villanova’s win over #11 Providence (52-50 in overtime).
- #3 Notre Dame’s win over #2 DePaul (71-67)