Big East News Articles
The Panthers (6-6, 4-3 Big East) became bowl eligible for the fourth straight year with the victory.
- Saturday, December 03, 2011 3:30:00 PM
The Pittsburgh-Syracuse rivalry dates to the 1916 season and the schools have met 66 times since then …
- Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:00:00 PM
Munchie Legaux threw for two touchdowns, one a short toss that Isaiah Pead turned into a backbreaking 69-yard score in the fourth quarter as Cincinnati beat Syracuse 30-13 on Saturday to remain in the running for the Big East title.
- Saturday, November 26, 2011 3:30:00 PM
Cincinnati and Syracuse have met 11 times prior to Saturday’s game … The Bearcats hold a 6-5 series lead after winning five straight from 2005-09
- Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:00:00 AM
B.J. Daniels ran for 117 yards and a touchdown, Demetris Murray scored on two short runs and South Florida beat Syracuse 37-17 on Friday night.
- Friday, November 11, 2011 11:45:00 PM
Friday’s game will be the seventh meeting between USF and Syracuse in a series that began in 2005 upon USF’s entrance to the BIG EAST.
- Thursday, November 10, 2011 11:00:00 AM
Quarterback Scott McCummings ran for two touchdowns and Lyle McCombs ran for 152 yards and a score to lead Connecticut to a 28-21 win over Syracuse on Saturday, keeping alive the Huskies hopes for a winning season.
- Saturday, November 05, 2011 3:30:00 PM
Syracuse and Connecticut meet for the eighth time Saturday as the Huskies go for their fifth straight series win
- Tuesday, November 01, 2011 12:00:00 PM
Saturday’s game will be the 11th meeting between Syracuse and Louisville. The series stands tied a 5-5 after Louisville’s 28-20 win at the Carrier Dome last year
- Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:00:00 AM
Cincinnati's Collaros joins Syracuse's Jones, Graham as weekly honorees.
- Monday, October 24, 2011 10:00:00 AM
Ryan Nassib threw three touchdown passes to tight end Nick Provo, Dorian Graham returned a kickoff 98 yards for another score, and Syracuse stunned West Virginia 49-23 on Friday night.
- Friday, October 21, 2011 11:35:00 PM
Ross Krautman kicked a 21-yard field goal as the clock expired, earning Syracuse a 37-34 victory over Tulane on Saturday night.
- Saturday, October 08, 2011 11:30:00 PM
Syracuse and West Virginia compete annually for the Schwartzwalder Trophy, named for Ben Schwartzwalder, who played at West Virginia from 1930-32 and enjoyed a hall-of-fame coaching career at Syracuse from 1949-73.
- Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:00:00 AM