Big East News Articles
The awards are given to one male and one female student-athlete from a Big East-sponsored sport who have been admitted to a degree-granting or professional program for the following year and who have demonstrated leadership through excellence in academic credentials, athletic performance and depth of commitment to service within the institution or the community.
- Thursday, May 16, 2013 11:00:00 AM
Irish in BIG EAST Tournament Championship Game for second straight season.
- Friday, May 10, 2013 6:00:00 PM
Syracuse, Georgetown, Loyola, Notre Dame and Connecticut were each selected.
- Sunday, May 05, 2013 10:00:00 PM
Syracuse is ranked No. 3 in the Nike/Inside Lacrosse national poll and No. 5 in the USILA poll, while Notre Dame is ranked No. 5/6.
- Thursday, May 02, 2013 7:00:00 PM
Riley joins four other inductees as members of the Academic All-America® Hall of Fame Class of 2012
- Monday, May 21, 2012 10:00:00 AM
The University of Notre Dame claimed its ninth-straight BIG EAST Women’s Rowing Championship title Sunday on Mercer Lake in West Windsor, N.J.
- Sunday, May 13, 2012 2:00:00 PM
The Irish end the season with a 13-5 record, a mark that is one of the best in school history.
- Saturday, May 12, 2012 1:00:00 PM
Loyola, Syracuse and Notre Dame will represent the league.
- Sunday, May 06, 2012 9:30:00 PM
The Greyhounds will play either Syracuse or Georgetown on May 5 at 1 p.m. ET.
- Thursday, May 03, 2012 6:00:00 PM
Syracuse junior Michelle Tumolo was named the BIG EAST Attack Player of the Year.
- Wednesday, May 02, 2012 9:30:00 PM
Host Syracuse holds the No. 1 seed.
- Tuesday, May 01, 2012 2:00:00 PM
Three league players earned First Team accolades, including BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Year Logan McCraw.
- Tuesday, May 31, 2011 11:00:00 AM
Two BIG EAST doubles teams and three singles players wrapped up the 2011 campaign over the long Memorial Day weekend at the NCAA Tennis Championships at Stanford.
- Monday, May 30, 2011 10:00:00 AM
The Irish won the 2004 Preseason WNIT.
- Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:00:00 AM
Three of the four BIG EAST singles players in the 2011 NCAA Tennis Championships at Stanford advance to the second round of tournament play, representing three different conference schools.
- Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:00:00 AM
Two BIG EAST women’s tennis teams and two men’s teams lost in the first- and second- rounds of the 2011 NCAA Tennis Championships May 13-15 as the Notre Dame women and the Louisville men earned the conference’s automatic bids, while the Irish men and USF women were at-large selections.
- Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:00:00 AM
Loyola will square off against Notre Dame in the title game of the BIG EAST Women’s Lacrosse Championship on Saturday, May 7 at 1 p.m.
- Friday, May 06, 2011 12:15:00 PM
The No. 4 seed Notre Dame upset No. 1 seed Georgetown 15-12 in the semifinals of the BIG EAST Women’s Lacrosse Championship.
- Thursday, May 05, 2011 11:30:00 PM
Four BIG EAST singles players and two doubles teams, representing three different schools, earned invitations to the NCAA Tennis Championships as announced Wednesday.
- Thursday, May 05, 2011 11:50:00 AM
Championship begins on May 5 at 5:30 p.m. ET at Georgetown’s Multi Sport Field.
- Wednesday, May 04, 2011 9:00:00 PM