Big East News Articles
No. 7-seeded Irish fall to 10th-seeded Cyclones in NCAA Second Round
- Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:05:00 AM
P.J. Hairston scored 23 points, James Michael McAdoo added 17 and North Carolina unleashed a flurry of 3-pointers to subdue gritty Villanova 78-71
- Friday, March 22, 2013 10:00:00 PM
Sherwood Brown scored 24 points and Bernard Thompson had 23 to lead Florida Gulf Coast to an incredible NCAA tournament debut, a 78-68 win over second-seeded Georgetown on Friday night in the second round of the South Regional.
- Friday, March 22, 2013 9:30:00 PM
Bearcats finish season with 22-12 record
- Friday, March 22, 2013 5:30:00 PM
Brandon Triche scored 20 points, C.J. Fair added 13 and fourth-seeded Syracuse shut down No. 13 seed Montana with its zone defense in a 81-34 victory in the second round of the NCAA tournament on Thursday night.
- Friday, March 22, 2013 12:30:00 AM
Russ Smith scored 23 points and set a Louisville NCAA tournament record with a career-high eight steals, and Peyton Siva had eight assists as the Cardinals demolished North Carolina A&T 79-48 on Thursday night. Louisville finished with a season-high 20 steals as it forced the Aggies into 27 turnovers.
- Thursday, March 21, 2013 9:45:00 PM
Vander Blue's layup with one second left capped Marquette's rally from a nine-point deficit and gave the third-seeded Golden Eagles a 59-58 victory over Davidson Thursday in the NCAA tournament.
- Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:00:00 PM
Panthers finish season at 24-9
- Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:00:00 PM
All Conference Controlled Games Will Be Televised
- Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:50:00 PM
American Eagle Outfitters recognized the Louisville Cardinals and Notre Dame Fighting Irish for their 2013 BIG EAST Men's and Women's Basketball Championships in the store's Times Square location at 46th and Broadway in Manhattan this week.
- Tuesday, March 19, 2013 8:00:00 AM
The BIG EAST’s eight teams are the most of any of the nation’s 32 conferences, while is the fourth straight year with at least eight BIG EAST teams in the NCAA tournament.
- Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:15:00 PM
Cardinals defeat Orange, 78-61, to win third tournament championship in five seasons.
- Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:00:00 PM
The Cardinals reach third straight BIG EAST Title game, will face Syracuse on Saturday night.
- Friday, March 15, 2013 11:30:00 PM
The fifth-seeded Orange (26-8) will make their 15th appearance in the tournament title game and go for their sixth crown Saturday night at Madison Square Garden.
- Friday, March 15, 2013 9:00:00 PM
The Irish advance to the semifinals for the fourth straight year, will face Louisville Friday night
- Thursday, March 14, 2013 11:50:00 PM
The Cardinals advance to the semifinals of the BIG EAST Championship for a third straight year.
- Thursday, March 14, 2013 9:30:00 PM
James Southerland had a second straight great effort from 3-point range and Michael Carter-Williams scored Syracuse's last seven points as the 19th-ranked Orange held off No. 17 Pittsburgh 62-59
- Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:00:00 PM
Georgetown, looking to land a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament, squandered an early 16-point cushion and fell behind briefly in the second half before clamping down with its trademark defense to pull away.
- Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:30:00 PM
The Irish will play three-seed Marquette at 9pm on Thursday (ESPN).
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:35:00 PM
The Wildcats will play Louisville in the quarterfinals Thursday night (7pm, ESPN)
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:00:00 PM