Big East News Articles
UConn’s Maya Moore was named WNBA Rookie of the Year and Rutgers’ Kia Vaughn was tabbed WNBA Most Improved Player.
- Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:00:00 PM
The BIG EAST Conference has announced that the women’s basketball conference schedule format will change from 16 games to 18 games, beginning in the 2012-13 season.
- Thursday, July 07, 2011 12:00:00 PM
Irish senior Melissa Henderson a unanimous Preseason Offensive Player of the Year selection.
- Tuesday, August 09, 2011 2:00:00 PM
We’ll be bringing you all the sights and sounds via our website bigeast.org as well as our twitter account @BIGEASTWBB
- Friday, March 30, 2012 3:00:00 PM
The University of Connecticut field hockey team clinched the regular-season championship with a 5-0 victory over Rutgers on Oct. 28.
- Monday, October 31, 2011 10:20:00 AM
Both teams will play Sunday at 2 p.m. in second round.
- Saturday, November 12, 2011 7:00:00 PM
BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Year Jestine Angelini scored two goals to lift No. 5 Connecticut to a 3-2 victory over No. 8 Penn State in the NCAA Field Hockey Quarterfinals.
- Sunday, November 13, 2011 5:20:00 PM
Connecticut field hockey senior Jestine Angelini.
- Wednesday, November 23, 2011 6:00:00 AM
UConn and Notre Dame are in the top-5 of the national wbb polls.
- Tuesday, November 22, 2011 4:00:00 PM
The University of Connecticut field hockey team fell 4-3 in double overtime to The University of North Carolina Friday in the semifinal round of the NCAA Championship at Trager Stadium.
- Friday, November 18, 2011 6:00:00 PM
Stevens led the Huskies to a 19-3 overall record and an appearance in the 2011 NCAA Division I Final Four.
- Thursday, December 08, 2011 11:00:00 AM
UConn and Maryland will be the 2012 participants in the Jimmy V Women’s Classic.
- Tuesday, December 06, 2011 6:05:00 PM
Two BIG EAST field hockey teams, Syracuse and Connecticut, were selected to participate in the 16-team 2011 NCAA Championship.
- Tuesday, November 08, 2011 10:00:00 PM
No. 2 seed Syracuse defeated No. 1 seed Connecticut 3-2 to win the 2011 BIG EAST Field Hockey Championship Sunday at J.S. Coyne Stadium.
- Sunday, November 06, 2011 3:40:00 PM
The University of Connecticut field hockey team is set to make its way to Louisville, Ky., for an NCAA Championship semifinal game. The No. 4 seed Huskies will meet No. 1 seed North Carolina at 2 p.m. on Nov. 18 at Trager Stadium.
- Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:30:00 PM
UConn's Maya Moore as named as the 2010-11 Capital One Academic All-America® of the Year Award winner.
- Sunday, July 31, 2011 9:00:00 AM