Big East News Articles
News and notes from around the BIG EAST Conference
- Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:00:00 PM
The 2012 BIG EAST men’s soccer season was a record-breaking one, and the success continues even months after the play on the field concluded. Including the top two picks in the 2013 MLS SuperDraft, there were five BIG EAST players in the first 15 selections. In the second round, four former BIG EAST student-athletes were chosen for a total of nine.
- Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:33:00 PM
Seven of the BIG EAST's men's basketball coaches answered questions from the media
- Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:25:00 PM
Marquette, which had won two overtime games and a one-point decision in its first three BIG EAST contests of the year, remained unbeaten in conference play with a 69-62 win against Seton Hall Wednesday in Milwaukee.
- Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:00:00 AM
Senior Laura Sweeney led the Wildcats in the win with a game-high 19 points.
- Thursday, January 17, 2013 9:00:00 AM
The BIG EAST Conference and San Diego State University have announced that San Diego State will not become a football-only member of the BIG EAST in July of 2013.
- Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:05:00 PM
Fourteen of the league's 15 teams have at least one road win in BIG EAST play
- Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:00:00 AM
Five league games were on the docket Tuesday night, including a doubleheader featuring ranked teams on the CBS Sports Network.
- Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:00:00 AM
Blondell and Reaney named Athletes of the Week.
- Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:30:00 PM
Four schools share BIG EAST Men’s & Women’s Indoor Track & Field awards.
- Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:30:00 AM
Louisville’s No. 1 showing marks the 65th time a BIG EAST team has been No. 1 in the Associated Press poll.
- Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:15:00 AM
Social Media look at #Louisville at #UConn for the first BIG EAST Big Monday of the year.
- Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:55:00 AM
The BIG EAST Conference has named Syracuse forward C.J. Fair and St. John's center Chris Obekpa the winners of the league's weekly men's basketball honors for the week-ending Jan. 13.
- Monday, January 14, 2013 11:30:00 AM
Andrea Smith averaged a double-double with 34.0 ppg and 10.5 rpg for the Bulls.
- Monday, January 14, 2013 11:00:00 AM
The BIG EAST has launched a web page to track fan tweets during the game to declare a ‘social media winner’ to each BIG Monday game this season.
- Monday, January 14, 2013 9:00:00 AM
Freshman Jewel Loyd finished with 14 points against Rutgers on Sunday.
- Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:00:00 PM
Only one game on the Sunday BIG EAST slate -- Providence at Seton Hall.
- Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:20:00 PM
No. 2/3 Notre Dame hosts Rutgers at 3:30 p.m. on ESPNU.
- Sunday, January 13, 2013 11:00:00 AM
A weekly look at news and notes from around the BIG EAST Conference
- Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:00:00 PM
BIG EAST Baseball returns to action next month.
- Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:00:00 PM