Big East News Articles
A quick look around the league at BIG EAST women's basketball.
- Friday, January 28, 2011 5:00:00 PM
Recent wins on the men's and women's side show the depth of BIG EAST Basketball
- Friday, January 28, 2011 12:00:00 PM
Three BIG EAST women’s basketball games were on the schedule Wednesday with two teams earning wins at home.
- Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:00:00 AM
Connecticut’s Maya Moore, DePaul’s Sam Quigley and West Virginia’s Liz Repella were each on the list.
- Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:30:00 PM
There were three BIG EAST women’s basketball games on the schedule Tuesday with Georgetown’s win over West Virginia heading the results.
- Wednesday, January 26, 2011 10:00:00 AM
Three league teams ranked in the top 10 of the coaches’ poll for the second straight week.
- Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:45:00 PM
UConn sweeps the BIG EAST women's basketball weekly awards for Week 10.
- Monday, January 24, 2011 11:00:00 AM
Redshirt senior Devereaux Peters dominated inside with 14 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks to lead No. 11/10 Notre Dame to a 69-36 win over No. RV/23 St. John’s at home on Sunday.
- Sunday, January 23, 2011 10:00:00 PM
It was a busy Saturday across the BIG EAST women’s basketball conference as 14 teams were in action with seven league games on the docket. Home teams went 6-1 during the day.
- Sunday, January 23, 2011 9:30:00 AM
This week's webisodes highlight Louisville Men's Basketball and Marquette and Rutgers Women's Basketball
- Friday, January 21, 2011 6:00:00 PM
Senior Felicia Chester scored 15 points to lead a balanced offense in No. 13/18 DePaul’s 90-43 victory over New Jersey Institute of Technology on Thursday night at McGrath Arena.
- Friday, January 21, 2011 9:00:00 AM
Providence (9-8, 2-3 BIG EAST) won at Villanova (8-10, 0-5 BIG EAST) by the score of 58-53. It was the first Friars win at Villanova since Feb. 25, 1997. No. 9/9 West Virginia stifled Marshall 78-21 in the Chesapeake Energy Capital Classic held at the Charleston Civic Center.
- Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:00:00 AM
There were just two BIG EAST women’s basketball games on the schedule Tuesday as No. 11/10 Notre Dame slid past No. 16/17 Georgetown 80-58 and No. RV/23 St. John’s beat Cincinnati 63-34.
- Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:45:00 AM
As the official presenting sponsor of the 2011 Men's and Women's BIG EAST Basketball Championships, American Eagle Outfitters will present a new feature highlighting a great moment from each Championship each Tuesday.
- Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:00:00 AM
Five BIG EAST women’s basketball teams remain ranked in the Associated Press poll with six ranking in the USA Today/ESPN Coaches poll, released after the tenth week of play.
- Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:05:00 PM
Junior Tiffany Hayes scored 29 points to help UConn roll past the 10th-ranked Tar Heels 83-57 on Monday night.
- Tuesday, January 18, 2011 12:00:00 AM
Maya Moore earns BIG EAST women's basketball Player of the Week honors for Jan. 17, while rookie teammate Bria Hartley was named BIG EAST Freshman of the Week.
- Monday, January 17, 2011 1:00:00 PM
No. 14/21 DePaul beat Villanova 64-45, while Marquette held off USF 61-55.
- Monday, January 17, 2011 9:00:00 AM
The standings held to form as the teams with a better record entering the day, held off their opponent in all six contests.
- Sunday, January 16, 2011 9:00:00 AM
The No. 18/17 Georgetown Hoyas will travel to Providence on Saturday to face the Friars in this week’s BIG EAST Network Women’s Basketball Game of the Week.
- Friday, January 14, 2011 7:00:00 PM