Big East News Articles
Single-session tickets for the 2011 BIG EAST Women’s Basketball Championship are on sale, Tuesday, March 1 at 10 a.m. ET.
- Monday, February 28, 2011 10:00:00 PM
All 16 teams were in action on Saturday as the league hits its final days of regular-season play. No. 1/1 Connecticut beat No. 18/19 Georgetown 52-42 and wrapped up its 19th regular-season conference title.
- Sunday, February 27, 2011 11:00:00 AM
Huskies clinch top seed in next week's BIG EAST Championship
- Saturday, February 26, 2011 5:20:00 PM
A quick look around the league at BIG EAST women's basketball.
- Friday, February 25, 2011 7:00:00 PM
Moore and Repella are among the three repeat selections on the Capital One Academic All-America Women’s Basketball University Division first team.
- Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:30:00 PM
Louisville (18-10, 9-5 BIG EAST) upset No. 7/11 DePaul (25-4, 12-2 BIG EAST) by the score of 68-55 at the KFC Yum! Center.
- Thursday, February 24, 2011 9:00:00 AM
Fans and media can now access an archive of each weekly women's basketball coaches' media teleconference exclusively on the Web.
- Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:20:00 PM
As the regular-season hits its final week, ten teams kicked things off on Tuesday night as five conference games were on the schedule.
- Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:00:00 AM
Syracuse sophomore Kayla Alexander is the BIG EAST Player of the Week. UConn rookie Bria Hartley is the BIG EAST Freshman of the Week.
- Monday, February 21, 2011 2:00:00 PM
The No. 10/11 Blue Demons solved No. 18/18 Georgetown’s press early, dominated the boards and had a balanced offense on the way to an 82-57 victory over the Hoyas on Sunday.
- Sunday, February 20, 2011 4:30:00 PM
A busy Saturday had 14 league teams in action across seven conference games.
- Sunday, February 20, 2011 3:00:00 PM
Marquette becomes the sixth BIG EAST team to reach the 20-win plateau
- Friday, February 18, 2011 4:00:00 PM
Collegebaseball360.com will provide live webcasts for 13 of the 24 games at the third annual BIG EAST/Big Ten Baseball Challenge, hosted by the St. Petersburg/Clearwater Sports Commission February 18-20.
- Wednesday, February 16, 2011 11:45:00 AM
There were three BIG EAST women’s basketball games on Tuesday night, with two decided by four points or less.
- Wednesday, February 16, 2011 9:00:00 AM
Seven BIG EAST women’s basketball teams remain ranked in the latest national polls released this week.
- Tuesday, February 15, 2011 5:00:00 PM
UConn senior Maya Moore continued to add to her impressive career with a game-high 27 points, along with seven rebounds, seven assists and six steals in just 28 minutes.
- Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:00:00 AM
Sophomore Skylar Diggins earns BIG EAST Player of the Week honors, while UConn rookie Stefanie Dolson earns the BIG EAST Freshman of the Week award.
- Monday, February 14, 2011 11:30:00 AM
There were two BIG EAST games on Sunday, both a part of ESPN’s February Frenzy coverage which treats viewers to a multitude of games over the course of the afternoon.
- Monday, February 14, 2011 9:00:00 AM
There were six BIG EAST women's games on Saturday.
- Sunday, February 13, 2011 9:00:00 AM
Pittsburgh men's basketball and UConn's Maya Moore are the focus of this week's episodes.
- Friday, February 11, 2011 3:00:00 PM