Big East News Articles
Toledo's Bernard Reedy scored on a 91-yard kickoff return to lead the Rockets over No. 21 Cincinnati 29-23 Saturday night, handing the Bearcats their first loss of the season.
- Saturday, October 20, 2012 10:50:00 PM
Cincinnati and Toledo have met just six times, while Saturday’s game will be the first meeting between the in-state opponents since the 2001 Motor City Bowl
- Friday, October 19, 2012 9:00:00 AM
Deven Drane scooted 76 yards for a touchdown after picking up a fumble and Munchie Legaux threw two TD passes including a 78-yarder to Travis Kelce to lead No. 21 Cincinnati past Fordham 49-17 on Saturday night.
- Saturday, October 13, 2012 10:20:00 PM
Though the schools have combined to play 2,424 games, Saturday’s game will be the first meeting between Cincinnati and Fordham on the gridiron.
- Thursday, October 11, 2012 10:30:00 PM
Camerron Cheatham returned an interception 68 yards for a touchdown, and Cincinnati quarterback Munchie Legaux had a hand in three more touchdowns Saturday night, leading the Bearcats to a 52-14 victory over Miami (Ohio).
- Saturday, October 06, 2012 10:20:00 PM
Cincinnati and Miami (Ohio) play in the nation’s oldest nonconference rivalry — a series that dates to Dec. 8, 1888 in Oxford, Ohio.
- Thursday, October 04, 2012 11:30:00 AM
Cincinnati's thrilling win over Virginia Tech had the world of social media buzzing.
- Tuesday, October 02, 2012 8:20:00 AM
The BIG EAST Conference has named three Cincinnati players - quarterback Munchie Legaux, linebacker Maalik Bomar and punter Pat O'Donnell - the winners of the league's weekly football honors for the week-ending Sept. 30.
- Monday, October 01, 2012 10:30:00 AM
Munchie Legaux hit Damon Julian for a 39-yard touchdown pass with 13 seconds to play, and Cincinnati beat Virginia Tech 27-24 Saturday.
- Saturday, September 29, 2012 7:20:00 PM
Cincinnati and Virginia Tech meet for the 10th time in a series that dates to the 1946 season.
- Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:00:00 PM
Sophomore Cincinnati running back Ralph David Abernathy IV already has a name he can be proud of – now he’s looking to make one for himself in the BIG EAST.
- Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:00:00 AM
The league's football coaches answered questions from the media on the weekly call.
- Monday, September 24, 2012 2:15:00 PM
George Winn ran for a career-high 147 yards on Saturday night, helping Cincinnati overcome six turnovers -- four of them by Munchie Legaux -- for a 23-7 victory over Delaware State.
- Saturday, September 15, 2012 10:00:00 PM
Cincinnati and Delaware State have never met on the gridiron.
- Wednesday, September 12, 2012 12:30:00 PM
George Winn ran for a pair of touchdowns, including a 58-yarder on Cincinnati's first play of the game, and the Bearcats took advantage of more Pittsburgh mistakes for a 34-10 victory on Thursday night, opening a Big East season that will lead to huge changes.
- Thursday, September 06, 2012 11:00:00 PM
Thursday’s game will be the 12th meeting between Cincinnati and Pittsburgh in a series that dates to 1921
- Thursday, September 06, 2012 9:30:00 AM
Quarterback is always one of the most pressure-packed positions in sports. It is all the more stressful when stepping into the position on a successful team looking to replace a number of key contributors.
- Wednesday, August 29, 2012 2:15:00 PM
BIGEAST.org will be previewing all eight BIG EAST teams leading up to the start of the season. Team previews will be released ...
- Friday, August 24, 2012 9:00:00 AM
Check out this Storify recap of BIG EAST Football Summer Kickoff 2012
- Wednesday, August 01, 2012 11:00:00 AM
BIG EAST players appear on national preseason football award watch lists.
- Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:00:00 AM