Big East News Articles
The No. 13/12 Cardinals (16-4) edged Marquette 64-63 on Tuesday night.
- Wednesday, January 23, 2013 8:00:00 AM
A quiet week in the midst of exams has teams off on Thursday and just one team in action Friday night as No. 8/8 Louisville (9-1) heads to Colorado for a 9 p.m. tipoff.
- Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:00:00 AM
Louisville head coach Jeff Walz, pictured earlier in the year during a practice, takes on instate rival Kentucky on Sunday at 6 p.m. ET on ESPNU.
- Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:00:00 AM
The Cardinals (7-0) are one of five undefeated BIG EAST teams along with Syracuse (6-0), No. 2/2 UConn (5-0), No. 5/5 Notre Dame (4-0) and USF (4-0).
- Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:00:00 AM
Louisville is 7-0 all-time against the Peay.
- Thursday, November 15, 2012 7:00:00 AM
Louisville returns four starters and 11 letterwinners from a squad that finished the season ranked 16th in the Coaches poll
- Friday, October 26, 2012 7:00:00 AM
BIG EAST Associate Commissioner for Women's Basketball Danielle Donehew will be travelling to London and will bring a first-person account to BIGEAST.org. BIG EAST Women's Basketball boasts seven former players and two current coaches representing the United States at these games.
- Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:00:00 PM
With the 2012 Olympic Games beginning this weekend, a total of 49 participants and coaches with BIG EAST ties will compete in London July 25-Aug. 12.
- Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:00:00 AM
The BIG EAST Conference has announced repeat opponents for the league’s 15 women’s basketball teams, while also determining the home/away league schedule for the 2012-13 season
- Wednesday, June 13, 2012 12:00:00 PM
Louisville posted a 67-55 victory over Michigan State on Saturday in the first round of the NCAA women’s tournament.
- Saturday, March 17, 2012 3:00:00 PM
There were two BIG EAST games on Sunday afternoon and road teams came away with wins in each contest. Louisville won at Georgetown and Syracuse won at Seton Hall.
- Monday, January 23, 2012 6:00:00 AM
Louisville won its conference opener for the fourth consecutive season.
- Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:00:00 AM
Sophomore Shoni Mitchell scored 14 points for the Cardinals.
- Wednesday, November 30, 2011 6:01:00 AM
The BIG EAST Conference has announced that the women’s basketball conference schedule format will change from 16 games to 18 games, beginning in the 2012-13 season.
- Thursday, July 07, 2011 12:00:00 PM
Six BIG EAST women’s basketball teams ranked in the Associated Press Poll, while eight squads ranked in the USA Today/ESPN Coaches’ poll, released after the 12th week of play.
- Tuesday, February 01, 2011 4:00:00 PM
Six BIG EAST women’s basketball teams were ranked in the Associated Press and USA Today/ESPN Coaches polls, released after the ninth week of play.
- Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:00:00 PM
Three Others Receive Votes
- Tuesday, December 14, 2010 4:45:00 PM
UConn Tops USF To Kick Off League Play
- Friday, December 03, 2010 9:25:00 AM
Two Others Receive Votes
- Tuesday, November 23, 2010 5:21:00 PM
Three Others Receive Votes
- Wednesday, November 17, 2010 6:00:00 AM