Big East News Articles
Providence’s Marshon Brooks breaks the BIG EAST single game scoring record with 52 points, but the Friars fall to Notre Dame. Cincinnati beats Georgetown on the road, and St. John’s gets past DePaul on Wednesday night.
- Thursday, February 24, 2011 10:00:00 AM
Fans and media can now access an archive of each weekly women's basketball coaches' media teleconference exclusively on the Web.
- Thursday, February 24, 2011 12:20:00 PM
As the regular-season hits its final week, ten teams kicked things off on Tuesday night as five conference games were on the schedule.
- Wednesday, February 23, 2011 11:00:00 AM
A quick look around the league at BIG EAST golf.
- Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:50:00 PM
Louisville hits 11, 3-pointers to get past Rutgers 55-37 on Tuesday night.
- Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:15:00 AM
Louisville’s Austen Childs and Pittsburgh’s Karma Parbhu were named BIG EAST Male Tennis Player of the Week and BIG EAST Female Tennis Player of the Week, respectively, following dominating performances last week.
- Wednesday, February 23, 2011 5:45:00 PM
BIG EAST teams go 14-10 in the BIG EAST/Big Ten Challenge as every team had at least one victory.
- Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:30:00 PM
Syracuse goes on the road to take down Villanova 69-64 on Big Monday.
- Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:20:00 AM
DPU’s Verdun named Pitcher of the Week and ND’s Maldonado named Player of the Week.
- Monday, February 21, 2011 6:40:00 PM
St. John’s sophomore Jeremy Baltz earns Player of the Week; Seton Hall senior Joe DiRocco named Pitcher of the Week
- Monday, February 21, 2011 3:15:00 PM
Syracuse sophomore Kayla Alexander is the BIG EAST Player of the Week. UConn rookie Bria Hartley is the BIG EAST Freshman of the Week.
- Monday, February 21, 2011 2:00:00 PM
Villanova junior Justine Donodeo earned BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week honors, while Loyola junior Kerry Stoothoff was named BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Week.
- Monday, February 21, 2011 9:00:00 AM
The BIG EAST Conference has named St. John's guard Dwight Hardy and DePaul forward Cleveland Melvin the winners of the conference's weekly men's basketball honors for the week-ending Feb. 20.
- Monday, February 21, 2011 1:30:00 PM
The No. 10/11 Blue Demons solved No. 18/18 Georgetown’s press early, dominated the boards and had a balanced offense on the way to an 82-57 victory over the Hoyas on Sunday.
- Sunday, February 20, 2011 4:30:00 PM
Louisville women win their first BIG EAST title; Connecticut men win third title in four years.
- Sunday, February 20, 2011 4:45:00 PM
A busy Saturday had 14 league teams in action across seven conference games.
- Sunday, February 20, 2011 3:00:00 PM
St. John's stuns Pittsburgh at Madison Square Garden; three BIG EAST games decided in overtime on busy Saturday.
- Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:30:00 AM
The Cardinal women ended Notre Dame’s streak of 14-straight BIG EAST crowns, the longest championship winning streak across all sports in conference history.
- Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:00:00 PM
Louisville men total 43 points while the women register 42.
- Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:30:00 PM
Another BIG EAST meet record fell on the women’s side.
- Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:50:00 PM