Big East News Articles
A quick look around the league at BIG EAST golf.
- Wednesday, February 23, 2011 3:50:00 PM
Louisville hits 11, 3-pointers to get past Rutgers 55-37 on Tuesday night.
- Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:15:00 AM
Syracuse goes on the road to take down Villanova 69-64 on Big Monday.
- Tuesday, February 22, 2011 9:20:00 AM
BIG EAST teams go 14-10 in the BIG EAST/Big Ten Challenge as every team had at least one victory.
- Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:30:00 PM
Syracuse sophomore Kayla Alexander is the BIG EAST Player of the Week. UConn rookie Bria Hartley is the BIG EAST Freshman of the Week.
- Monday, February 21, 2011 2:00:00 PM
DPU’s Verdun named Pitcher of the Week and ND’s Maldonado named Player of the Week.
- Monday, February 21, 2011 6:40:00 PM
Villanova junior Justine Donodeo earned BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week honors, while Loyola junior Kerry Stoothoff was named BIG EAST Defensive Player of the Week.
- Monday, February 21, 2011 9:00:00 AM
St. John’s sophomore Jeremy Baltz earns Player of the Week; Seton Hall senior Joe DiRocco named Pitcher of the Week
- Monday, February 21, 2011 3:15:00 PM
The BIG EAST Conference has named St. John's guard Dwight Hardy and DePaul forward Cleveland Melvin the winners of the conference's weekly men's basketball honors for the week-ending Feb. 20.
- Monday, February 21, 2011 1:30:00 PM
The No. 10/11 Blue Demons solved No. 18/18 Georgetown’s press early, dominated the boards and had a balanced offense on the way to an 82-57 victory over the Hoyas on Sunday.
- Sunday, February 20, 2011 4:30:00 PM
A busy Saturday had 14 league teams in action across seven conference games.
- Sunday, February 20, 2011 3:00:00 PM
Louisville women win their first BIG EAST title; Connecticut men win third title in four years.
- Sunday, February 20, 2011 4:45:00 PM
St. John's stuns Pittsburgh at Madison Square Garden; three BIG EAST games decided in overtime on busy Saturday.
- Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:30:00 AM
The Cardinal women ended Notre Dame’s streak of 14-straight BIG EAST crowns, the longest championship winning streak across all sports in conference history.
- Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:00:00 PM
Another BIG EAST meet record fell on the women’s side.
- Saturday, February 19, 2011 12:50:00 PM
Louisville beats Connecticut to become the eighth 20-win team in the BIG EAST.
- Saturday, February 19, 2011 1:00:00 PM
Louisville men total 43 points while the women register 42.
- Saturday, February 19, 2011 6:30:00 PM
Marquette becomes the sixth BIG EAST team to reach the 20-win plateau
- Friday, February 18, 2011 4:00:00 PM
The prelims for the 400-yard individual medley, 100-yard butterfly, 200-yard freestyle, 100-yard breaststroke and 100-yard backstroke took place this morning.
- Friday, February 18, 2011 2:45:00 PM
DePaul snapped a 25-game BIG EAST losing streak with a 79-76 win over Providence on Thursday.
- Friday, February 18, 2011 8:50:00 AM