Big East News Articles
Georgetown, looking to land a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament, squandered an early 16-point cushion and fell behind briefly in the second half before clamping down with its trademark defense to pull away.
- Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:30:00 PM
The Irish will play three-seed Marquette at 9pm on Thursday (ESPN).
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013 11:35:00 PM
The Wildcats will play Louisville in the quarterfinals Thursday night (7pm, ESPN)
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013 9:00:00 PM
Fifth-seeded Syracuse (24-8) will play fourth-seeded and 17th-ranked Pittsburgh in the quarterfinals on Thursday
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013 4:00:00 PM
The Bearcats will face top-seed Georgetown in the quarterfinals at noon Thursday (ESPN)
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013 2:00:00 PM
Scarlet Knights to take on Notre Dame Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:31:00 PM
Seton Hall to play Syracuse Wednesday at 2 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013 9:21:00 PM
St. John's JaKarr Sampson named Rookie of the Year; Georgetown's John Thompson III Coach of the Year
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:00:00 PM
A senior from Seattle, Wash., Siva will receive a $2,000 scholarship, which may be applied to graduate or professional studies, as the Men’s Basketball Scholar-Athlete of the Year.
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:30:00 PM
PROVIDENCE – BIG EAST Conference Commissioner Mike Aresco today announced that a definitive agreement has been reached that will ...
- Tuesday, March 12, 2013 10:56:00 AM
Louisville's Dieng is Defensive Player of the Year; Providence's Batts, Syracuse's Carter-Williams named Most Improved Players; Marquette's Garder is Sixth Man; Marquette's Cadougan takes Sportsmanship Award
- Monday, March 11, 2013 10:55:00 AM
In addition to Porter, Louisville placed two players on the first team, guard Russ Smith and center Gorgui Dieng. The other first team selections were Connecticut guard Shabazz Napier, Notre Dame forward Jack Cooley and Providence guard Bryce Cotton.
- Sunday, March 10, 2013 10:55:00 AM
After going 14-4 in BIG EAST play during one of the most thrilling regular seasons in league history, Georgetown has earned the No. 1 seed in The 2013 BIG EAST Championship presented by American Eagle Outfitters.
- Saturday, March 09, 2013 6:30:00 PM
Georgetown, Louisville and Marquette enter Saturday with a chance to claim the regular-season crown and the No. 1 seed in the conference tournament.
- Friday, March 08, 2013 9:00:00 PM
In our final Monday Matchup of the season, the #Bearcats took on #Louisville.
- Tuesday, March 05, 2013 10:00:00 AM
Porter is BIG EAST Player of the Week for the third straight week; Sampson takes Rookie of the Week plaudits for the seventh time this season.
- Monday, March 04, 2013 11:30:00 AM
Two of the coveted double byes have been clinched for the BIG EAST Championship presented by American Eagle Outfitters as the final week of regular-season play gets underway.
- Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:00:00 PM
News and notes from around the BIG EAST Conference
- Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:30:00 PM
Seven of the BIG EAST's men's basketball coaches answered questions from the media on this week's coaches' teleconference
- Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:30:00 PM
Forward Otto Porter was named BIG EAST Rookie of the Week, while guard D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera was tabbed as BIG EAST Rookie of the Week.
- Monday, February 25, 2013 1:00:00 PM