Big East News Articles
The second half of the BIG EAST regular season began with Pittsburgh picking up a 72-66 road win at West Virginia.
- Tuesday, January 31, 2012 10:00:00 AM
Marquette's Darius Johnson-Odom named BIG EAST Player of the Week; St. John's forward Moe Harkless chosen as BIG EAST Rookie of the Week
- Monday, January 30, 2012 3:00:00 PM
Dan Hoard breaks down the wild first half of BIG EAST Men's Basketball - what surprises are in store for the second half of the season?
- Monday, January 30, 2012 5:31:00 PM
In the only BIG EAST game Tuesday, Marquette defeated visiting USF 67-47, which gave coach Buzz Williams his 100th career victory.
- Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:00:00 AM
On Monday night Forward Kris Joseph scored 17 points as Syracuse recovered from its first loss of the season by beating Cincinnati 60-53.
- Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:00:00 AM
Villanova's Maalik Wayns and JayVaughn Pinkston earn this week's honors.
- Monday, January 23, 2012 12:00:00 PM
Saturday in the BIG EAST had tremendous action and drama.
- Sunday, January 22, 2012 12:00:00 PM
Cincinnati gets seventh straight conference road win; USF improves to 10-1 at home; Villanova holds off Seton Hall; West Virginia pulls away from Marshall Wednesday
- Thursday, January 19, 2012 10:45:00 AM
Georgetown won at DePaul 83-75 in the only game on Tuesday.
- Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:00:00 AM
Syracuse held on to the top spot in both national polls for the sixth consecutive week Monday, matching its longest run as the nation's top-ranked team since the 1989-90 season.
- Tuesday, January 17, 2012 9:00:00 AM
League soliciting fan input now on top 30 moments, players and teams on BIG EAST Digital Network beginning Feb. 13
- Monday, January 16, 2012 11:00:00 AM
ESPN begins its annual Big Monday series today with a pair of BIG EAST matchups on the network’s flagship station.
- Monday, January 16, 2012 9:00:00 AM
Syracuse, Rutgers score big road wins; Marquette pulls away in second half for a homecourt victory Wednesday
- Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:30:00 AM
Providence, Seton Hall and Notre Dame earn Tuesday-night victories
- Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:00:00 AM
West Virginia and St. John's have this week's winners of the conference's weekly honors
- Monday, January 09, 2012 12:30:00 PM
The BIG EAST Conference will honor the memory of its founder and first commissioner Dave Gavitt with a moment of silence at every school’s first conference home men’s and women's basketball game. Gavitt, who founded the conference in May of 1979, passed away on September 16.
- Wednesday, January 04, 2012 3:00:00 PM
In Tuesday’s BIG EAST action, Seton Hall snapped an 11-game losing streak to Connecticut with a 75-63 victory.
- Wednesday, January 04, 2012 9:00:00 AM
The BIG EAST Conference has named Cincinnati guard Sean Kilpatrick and Rutgers guard Eli Carter the winners of the conference’s weekly men’s basketball honors for the week-ending Jan. 1.
- Monday, January 02, 2012 3:30:00 PM
In Friday’s only game Seton Hall defeated West Virginia 67-48, improving to 8-0 on its home floor this season. The Pirates snapped a seven-game losing streak to the Mountaineers in the process.
- Friday, December 30, 2011 12:00:00 PM
BIG EAST teams went 2-1 on Thursday against nonconference opponents.
- Friday, December 30, 2011 10:30:00 AM