Big East News Articles
BIG EAST teams will play 36 games between Monday and Sunday, with many teams participating in early-season tournaments. The BIG EAST has fared well in the early going with league teams a combined 13-2 thus far.
- Monday, November 12, 2012 4:30:00 PM
Center Mouphtaou Yarou returns for his senior season. He is the team’s top returning scorer, averaging 11.3 points.
- Friday, November 09, 2012 7:00:00 AM
Three BIG EAST teams take on top-25 opponents Friday on military locations in conjunction with Veterans Day weekend.
- Thursday, November 08, 2012 10:00:00 AM
Dependable guard Brandon Triche returns for his senior year. A starter throughout his career, he averaged 9.4 points last season.
- Thursday, November 08, 2012 7:25:00 AM
Last season, the Bulls were arguably the biggest surprise in the league. Coach Stan Heath discovered a formula how to win close games with strong defense and a steely freshman point guard.
- Wednesday, November 07, 2012 8:00:00 AM
Fuquan Edwin, a 6-foot-6 wing, emerged as one of the BIG EAST’s most versatile players as a sophomore last season
- Tuesday, November 06, 2012 8:00:00 AM
The backcourt is in some experienced hands. Some fresh faces in the frontcourt will be counted on to offer some immediate help.
- Monday, November 05, 2012 9:00:00 AM
Last year, RU was 6-12 in the BIG EAST and 14-18 overall.
- Friday, November 02, 2012 7:00:00 AM
Vincent Council has developed into an elite guard in the BIG EAST. Last season, he averaged a team-leading 15.9 scoring mark and was first in the league in assists (7.5)
- Thursday, November 01, 2012 8:00:00 AM
This year, the Panthers have to replace two veteran starters, but seem to be well equipped to bounce back into a contender’s role.
- Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:00:00 AM
Over the last two seasons, coach Mike Brey’s team is 27-9 in BIG EAST play.
- Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:00:00 PM
Marquette advanced to the NCAA Sweet 16 for the second consecutive season last March
- Monday, October 29, 2012 7:00:00 AM
The Cardinals made it all the way to the Final Four last season and finished 31-6
- Friday, October 26, 2012 7:00:00 AM
With 10 freshmen and sophomores on last year’s roster, the Hoyas nevertheless turned in what has been a typical season under coach John Thompson III
- Thursday, October 25, 2012 8:00:00 AM
The Blue Demons showed significant improvement last year in coach Oliver Purnell’s second season
- Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:00:00 AM
BIGEAST.org will be previewing every men's and women's basketball team between now and the start of the season
- Tuesday, October 23, 2012 5:00:00 PM
The challenge for the upcoming season is that UConn will be young again, but it will have to cope with the departure of two players who were NBA lottery picks and two other regulars who transferred
- Tuesday, October 23, 2012 9:00:00 AM
UC has won 26 games in each of the last two seasons with last year’s club finishing 26-11 overall and 12-6 in the BIG EAST
- Monday, October 22, 2012 7:00:00 AM
See what had the world of social media buzzing during Men's Basketball #BEMediaDay
- Friday, October 19, 2012 11:15:00 AM
The Cardinals, who have three starters back from last year’s team that reached the NCAA Final Four, received 14 first-place votes and a total of 196 points.
- Wednesday, October 17, 2012 8:56:00 AM