Pittsburgh Postgame Notes
No. 9 Syracuse vs. No. 8 Georgetown
Game 6 – Second Round, March 5, 2011
XL Center – Hartford, Conn.
- The Hoyas won their first game in the BIG EAST Championship since 2001.
- The last Georgetown win in BIG EAST Championship play came on March 3, 2001 as the Hoyas knocked off Syracuse 82-75 in overtime.
- Georgetown started the game on an 11-0 run.
- Erica Morrow was injured with 7 minutes left in the first half and later returned.
- Syracuse went on a 16-0 run over 6:03 and held an 18-14 advantage with 6:35 left in the first half.
- The Orange led 27-22 at halftime.
- Georgetown did not have a field goal over the final 4:25, getting all its points from the free throw line (9).
- There were seven ties and two lead changes.