No. 6 Louisville vs. No. 14 Villanova
Game 8 – Second Round, March 5, 2011
XL Center – Hartford, Conn.
- Louisville improved to 7-0 all-time against Villanova.
- The Cardinals advanced to their fourth BIG EAST Championship quarterfinal and also the fourth time in the last five years.
- Louisville had a team-low 11 turnovers, its fewest in 14 BIG EAST Championship contests.
- With 13 rebounds, junior Monique Reid tied her season-high; her career high is 15 boards.
- Villanova got major production from Laura Sweeney and Lindsay Kimmel. The duo combined for 11-of-19 shooting, including 5-of-10 from 3-point range to total 30 points. The rest of the Villanova team was 6-of-30, including 2-of-19 from 3-point range to total 17 points.
- Five of the first eight games of the tournament have been decided by five points or less.
- FANTASTIC FINISHES - With 1:00 left in regulation…
USF-Pitt Pitt led 59-58
Villanova-Providence tied 46-46
Syracuse-Georgetown GU led 57-56
Marquette-Pittsburgh MU led 63-61
WVU-St. John’s STJ led 55-51
- The Friday overtime game between PC-Villanova was the 18th in tournament history.
- Georgetown beat Syracuse 61-60 on Saturday. It was the team’s first win in tournament play since 2001.
8 Notre Dame
25 West Virginia
32 St. John’s