No. 4 Rutgers vs. No. 5 Marquette
Game 8 – Quarterfinals, March 6, 2011
XL Center – Hartford, Conn.
- It is the second straight year Rutgers has advanced to the semifinals of the BIG EAST Championship and the third time in the last five years.
- It is Rutgers’ 10th semifinal appearance in the 16 years since they joined the BIG EAST Conference.
- Rutgers improves to 8-0 all-time against Marquette.
- Rutgers was held without a field goal for more than six minutes midway through the first half from 9:45 to 3:12.
- Marquette’s Jasmine Collins has scored at least 10 points in seven of the last eight games by matching her career high of 17 points.
- Khadijah Rushdan’s 10 rebounds match her career high; she has seven double figure rebounding games.
- Six of the first nine games of the tournament have been decided by six points or less.
- FANTASTIC FINISHES - With 1:00 left in regulation…
USF-Pitt Pitt led 59-58
Villanova-Providence tied 46-46
Syracuse-Georgetown GU led 57-56
Marquette-Pittsburgh MU led 63-61
WVU-St. John’s STJ led 55-51
- The Friday overtime game between PC-Villanova was the 18th in tournament history.
- Georgetown beat Syracuse 61-60 on Saturday. It was the team’s first win in tournament play since 2001.
8 Notre Dame
25 West Virginia
32 St. John’s