No. 2 DePaul vs. No. 7 St. John’s
Game 11 – Quarterfinals, March 6, 2011
XL Center – Hartford, Conn.
- DePaul advances to the semifinals for the second time in school history and the first time since 2006, when the tournament was a 12-team affair.
- The Blue Demons extended their streak of one win in the BIG EAST Championship in each of the six years since they joined the league in 2005-06.
- DePaul has scored 64 points or more in all 27 of its wins this year.
- The 27 wins ties the DePaul school record, also set in 1987-88, 2005-06 and this year, 2010-11.
- It also is coach Doug Bruno’s 525th career win and his 485th win at the collegiate level.
- Six of the first 11 games of the tournament have been decided by six points or less.
- FANTASTIC FINISHES - With one minute left in regulation…
USF-Pitt Pitt led 59-58
Villanova-Providence tied 46-46
Syracuse-Georgetown GU led 57-56
Marquette-Pittsburgh MU led 63-61
WVU-St. John’s STJ led 55-51
- The Friday overtime game between Providence and Villanova was the 18th in tournament history.
- Georgetown beat Syracuse 61-60 on Saturday. It was the team’s first win in tournament play since 2001.
8 Notre Dame
25 West Virginia
32 St. John’s