No. 3 Notre Dame vs. No. 6 Louisville
Game 12 – Quarterfinals, March 6, 2011
XL Center – Hartford, Conn.
- Notre Dame senior Devereaux Peters scored a game-high 19 points, along with nine rebounds. She also tied a career-high with six blocks.
- Notre Dame improved to 24-0 when leading at the half.
- With the win the Irish improve to 25-6 and have secured a 25-win campaign for the second straight year. It also is the third time in the last four years ND has done it.
- Louisville junior Monique Reid entered the game ranked fourth in the league in scoring at 16.1 ppg and was held to just six points.
- DE PAUL-NOTRE DAME SEMIFINAL PREVIEW
DPU leads the all-time series 19-15, including a win in the70-69 thriller in the regular-season finale on Feb. 28 in Chicago
- In 12 of the last 15 matchups, the winning team has scored 75 points or more
- The last time the teams met in the BIG EAST Championship was in 2007; DePaul won 76-71 in a first round matchup
- Six of the first 12 games of the tournament have been decided by six points or less.
- FANTASTIC FINISHES - With 1:00 left in regulation…
USF-Pitt Pitt led 59-58
Villanova-Providence tied 46-46
Syracuse-Georgetown GU led 57-56
Marquette-Pittsburgh MU led 63-61
WVU-St. John’s STJ led 55-51
- The Friday overtime game between PC-Villanova was the 18th in tournament history.
- Georgetown beat Syracuse 61-60 on Saturday. It was the team’s first win in tournament play since 2001.
8 Notre Dame
25 West Virginia
32 St. John’s