UConn Game Notes
No. 1 UConn vs. No. 3 Notre Dame
Game 15 – Finals, March 8, 2011
XL Center – Hartford, Conn.
- All-Tournament Team:
- Stefanie Dolson, UConn
- Bria Hartley, UConn
- Skylar Diggins, Notre Dame
- Natalie Novosel, Notre Dame
- Keisha Hampton, DePaul
- Most Outstanding Player
- Moore earns BIG EAST regular-season Player of the Year and tournament Most Outstanding Player honors for the second time in her career. She also accomplished the feat in 2009.
- Moore joins former Villlanova star Shelly Pennefather (1986 and 1987) as the only other person to accomplish the feat
- No. 1 UConn defeated No. 3 Notre Dame 73-64 in the BIG EAST Championship Final.
- Tonight’s win gives UConn its 36th all-time BIG EAST title and its 17th BIG EAST Championship crown.
- Tonight’s contest marked the fifth meeting between the Huskies and the Irish in the BIG EAST Championship final. UConn has now won all five match-ups.
- Tonight’s win gives the Huskies their third win over the Irish in the 2010-11 season.
- UConn is now 62-12 all-time in BIG EAST Tournament action.
- UConn improves to 49-4 in BIG EAST Tournament play as the No. 1 seed
- The Huskies are out-scored its opponents in the paint 92-74 during BIG EAST Tournament play this season.
- After UConn took a quick 2-0 lead, Notre Dame went on a 6-0 run to take a 6-2 advantage three minutes into the contest. UConn took the lead back with a 7-0 run to take an 11-8 advantage.
- Midway through the first half, Notre Dame went on a 12-2 run to extend its lead to seven at 20-13 with 9:30 left to go in the frame.
- In a game full of runs and lead changes, UConn took the lead back with a 10-2 run before two free throws by ND’s Brittany Mallory with 4:52 left on the clock in the first half.
- There were three ties and eight lead changes in the first half as UConn went into the break with a one-point lead (32-31).
- Maya Moore and Stefanie Dolson combined for UConn’s first 11 points of the second half.
- UConn went on an 11-0 run in a span of 5:27 to extend its lead to as much as 12 at 52-40 with 12:44 left in regulation.
- Notre Dame called its final timeout with 12:43 left in the contest.
- Bria Hartley scored 10 of her 12 points in the second half of the contest.
- Bria Hartley fouled out with 1:04 left in the game.
- Stefanie Dolson’s 24 points marked her 15th game in double figure points this season.
- Stefanie Dolson’s 24 points tied her career-high.
- Maya Moore’s 22 points marked her 144th career game with double-figure points.
- Maya Moore has now recorded 20 or more points in 73 career games.