Postgame Notes - No. 7 Louisville 61, No. 10 Seton Hall 55
Records: Louisville (23-9); Seton Hall (20-12)
- Louisville advances to face No. 2-seeded Marquette Thursday in the BIG EAST Championship quarterfinals.
- Louisville fell 74-63 to the Golden Eagles Jan. 16.
- This year will be the second straight in which Louisville and Marquette meet in the BIG EAST quarterfinals.
- The Cardinals were 81-56 winners in last year’s meeting.
- Louisville has won six of its last eight games in the BIG EAST Championship.
- Louisville will make its fifth appearance in the BIG EAST quarterfinals in the past six years.
- Louisville has won nine of its last 14 games in Madison Square Garden.
- Louisville held Seton Hall to 55 points, matching the fewest by a Cardinal opponent in BIG EAST tournament history. The Cardinals held Providence and Villanova to 55 points in the quarterfinals and semifinals in 2009.
- Tonight’s game was the first between Louisville and Seton Hall in the BIG EAST Championship.
- Louisville’s nine turnovers matched its fewest in the Cardinals’ BIG EAST tournament history. Louisville had nine turnovers against Notre Dame last year.
- Seton Hall’s Herb Pope had his 17th double-double of the season with 11 points and 15 rebounds.
- The No. 7 seed is now 14-4 all-time against the No. 10/15 seed in the BIG EAST Championship.